Be an Inspiration!

Help other girls in your community discover the opportunities and rewards of engineering.

Apply now to be an EngineerGirl Ambassador

EG Ambassador Logo Small

Louise Seftel

AddedSunday, November 18, 2018 at 7:37 AM

What questions should I ask the community college to make sure that my transition to a four year college has no problems?
I am interested in pursuing a four year civil engineering program and would like to start at a community college and transfer to a four year college.
Related to Choosing a School, Civil, Environmental, Internships & Jobs, Preparation for College
  • Kristin Sweeney , Pennsy Supply Inc., An Oldcastle Company
    Answered Monday, December 3, 2018 at 2:45 PM
    Hello Louise!
    This is a great question. I would say the answer is two pronged. DO you have an idea which four year college you'd like to go to? if so I would reach out to their Civil Department and see what classes students are required to take in the first two years. I would also recommend reaching out to their admissions department to see if they have a list of what classes will transfer from your two year college. 
    The admissions department at your two year college should also be able to provide a list of those classes that transfer, but it may not be as comprehensive. 
    Many of your basic math / science (calculus, physics, chemistry etc.) should transfer as well as some of the core curriculum classes. 
    Good luck to you! Engineering is a great field to be in!.