Aamna, California asked Jenni Glauser, Pratt & Whitney

AddedSaturday, February 1, 2014 at 9:50 PM

Going from chemical engineering into aerospace
Hi! I am currently studying chemical engineering, but I am also interested in mechanical engineering, so I am taking classes for both majors. Unfortunately my university doesn't allow engineering students to double major in another engineering discipline. With my background could I still possibly go to graduate school for aerospace engineering or get a job in an aerospace engineering company? :) Thank you!
Related to Aeronautical/Aerospace , Chemical, Graduate School, Internships & Jobs, Mechanical, Merging Fields
  • Jenni Glauser , Pratt & Whitney
    Answered Saturday, February 1, 2014 at 9:50 PM
    Wow! You are hard core!!!  :-)
    My degree is in ME and many at my company also had ME degrees.  I think that you should have no problem getting into a graduate program with an ME degree.  You can always contact the graduate program you're interested in and ask them what they suggest.
    I personally don't know much about chemical engineering.  I guess it would also depend on what you want to do within aerospace engineering.  If you wanted to work with fuels then CE would probably be the right choice.
    Good luck!  You're amazing!!!