Submit an answer

Beth, Springfield

AddedThursday, July 3, 2014 at 2:26 PM

My school doesn't offer systems engineering, what should I do?
I am interested in pursuing a career in systems engineering. Many colleges do not offer an undergraduate degree in systems engineering. What type of undergraduate degree should I pursue if I ultimately will be going for a Masters degree in systems engineering? Thanks!
Related to Choosing a Degree, Graduate School, Preparation for College, Special fields and Interdisciplinary
  • Sangeeta Kodukula , Cisco Systems
    Answered Thursday, July 3, 2014 at 2:26 PM
    Hi Beth!
    Great question! Systems Engineering can encompass many disciplines ( Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, etc.) . The under graduate degree that you choose to pursue will depend on which field of Systems Engineering you find interesting. Systems Engineers have come from backgrounds in all of the degrees that I mentioned above. Good luck to you!