Submit an answer

Alex, Summerville

AddedMonday, June 30, 2014 at 3:55 PM

All about urban planning
Hey I am currently majoring in civil engineering. My original plan was to get my masters in urban planning but I was doing some research and I was wondering is it possible to work at a firm with urban planning without getting the degree ? Do you have any suggestions on what I should do ? Thanks in advance .
Related to Civil, Internships & Jobs, Merging Fields, Special fields and Interdisciplinary
  • Morgan Lynch , Urban Drainage and Flood Control District
    Answered Monday, June 30, 2014 at 3:55 PM
    I have limited experience with Urban Planners, but all the ones I have worked with do have a degree in Urban Planning.  If that is where you want to take your career, I would highly advise that you pursue your masters.  If you are not sure, you could start out in Civil Engineering and see where life takes you.  You can always go back to school.  The worst thing is when I see young engineers who have master degrees in completely unrelated fields then their chosen career path.
    Hope this helps!