Question: Hi, my name is Jerry. I am currently a sophomore in high school taking a 4 year long engineering course called Project Lead the Way (PLTW).
I am currently in the second leveled class and for our project, we needed to interview a engineer in the field. The reason our teacher assigned this project was because of how little students know about the engineering field. The word engineering is such a vague word since it can describe so many careers and opportunities.
Your interview section has greatly helped my research for chemical engineering, but I still have a few other questions. I would greatly appreciate it if you could answer a few more questions.
1. In your interview section, you used the acronym RD to describe your projects and work. I was wondering if you could explain what that was.
2. Sustainability came up often for your responses. How does your profession promote sustainibility and could you give some examples?
3. What is your biggest achievement?
4. What is the average salary for chemical engineers? Are there any certain bonuses that follow throughout the years?
5. If you would have to do it over, would you have done anything differently?
6. What is your working environment? Do you travel often? or is it a cubicle/desk job?
7. Is your career specialized or general? Meaning can you work for different company's rather than unilever.
8. I know you answered about your daily activites, but could you further explain what you do on a regular basis?
9. What kind of classes do you recommend taking in high school and college, for pursuing in chemical engineering?
I hope you can take some time and answer some/all of these! I know it is alot and i appreciate it VERY much.
by Jerry, Jacksonville, North Carolina
on March 2, 2013