Jessye Bemley is a recent PhD grad that attended North Carolina A&T State University within the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering. My research allows me to solve problems using mathematical models and simulations using computers. Some of my projects include:
1. A model that will determine the best amount of people and resources to respond to the Aids to Navigation after a hurricane.
2. Helping to develop a simulation to determine seaport productivity if disruptions or threats arise.
3. Developing model to calculate consumers sickness and death from food contamination events.
Outside of engineering I love to do different sewing projects, crocheting, movies and traveling.
Upon graduation I hope to teach at a university to encourage and be an example to girls to pursue STEM careers.
I look forward to any questions you may have about engineering or life. Know that you can do anything you put your mind to.
PhD Industrial and Systems Engineering, North Carolina A&T State University, 2016
M.S. Industrial and Systems Engineering, North Carolina A&T State University, 2011
B.S. Industrial Engineering, North Carolina A&T State University, 2008
- I am willing to be contacted by educators for possible speaking engagements in schools or in after school programs or summer camps.
- I am willing to serve as science fair judge or other temporary volunteer at a local school.
- I am willing to be interviewed by interested students via email.